Essential Ride Information
Our rides are designed to go at a leisurely pace, between 10 and 12 mph, with a stop at a pub or café for lunch. During the summer months, we will also make a stop for morning and/or afternoon tea, though we recommend bringing some energy food with you as well.
Riding with a group is a safe and enjoyable way to enjoy the countryside. However, to ensure the safety of everyone in the group as well as other road users, we ask that you observe the following rules when riding with us:
- Make sure that your bike is in good working order. Bring a spare inner tube, tyre levers, and pump. Also ensure you have lights during winter months.
- Wear clothing suitable to the weather conditions. We go rain or shine.
- Bring a bottle of water with you. There will be plenty of opportunities to top up along the way.
- On narrow roads, please help to ensure that the group is aware of traffic, potholes, and other hazards.
- Do not wear headphones. It's important that you're able to hear what's going on around you.
- Unless you are designated as the back marker, ensure that riders behind you are able to see when you make a turn. If you can't see anyone behind you, please wait at the turn until others arrive.
- If you decide to leave the ride before we return to Upminster, please let the leader know.
- Always follow the Highway Code.